Utterson is a sensible, bootstrap-based, starter template for a github-pages compatible Jekyll blog. It’s based on the following projects:
- Jekyll, the Ruby based static site generatorpowering github-pages
- Poole, the Jekyll butler by Mark Otto
- Bootstrap v4, the mobile-first responsive web framework
- Bootstrap blog example, the example blog layout written with Bootstrap v4 by Mark Otto
Built on Utterson
If Poole is the Jekyll Butler, Utterson is the sensible companion, serving as a starting point for blog projects and further customizations. Utterson includes the following:
- Complete github-pages compatible Jekyll setup included (layouts, config, posts, tags, categories, and example page)
- Mobile friendly design and development
- Easily scalable text and component sizing with
remunits in the CSS
- Support for a wide gamut of HTML elements
- Syntax highlighting, courtesy Rogue (the Ruby-based code snippet highlighter)
Head to the readme to learn more.
Hyde is developed on and hosted with GitHub. Head to the GitHub repository for downloads, bug reports, and features requests.
Special thanks to Mark Otto for his work on Bootstrap, Poole, and the Bootstrap Blog example layout!